• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Weird Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowMotion

Bluelight Crew
Ok this is a weird scenerio that I am stuck in.

I currently have west nile virus, I was diagnosed in in early october and am still recovering. Basically most of the symptoms aren't that bad anymore but I have no immune system and everything gets me really sick.

A girl that I had sex with two weeks ago just got diagnosed with Tuberculosis. Is it possible to transmit sexually? I am getting tested anyway because I still have a good risk of getting it because I talk to her everyday. But would it be possible to get it sexually?

FM

If she has extrapulmonary TB, it's not contagious

If she has pulmonary TB, it IS contagious

75% of cases are pulmonary TB

I'd say Stay the hell away from her!

Tuberculosis is spread through the air, when people who have the disease cough, sneeze, or spit. One third of the world's current population have been infected with M. tuberculosis, and new infections occur at a rate of one per second.[2] However, most of these cases will not develop the full-blown disease; asymptomatic, latent infection is most common. About one in ten of these latent infections will eventually progress to active disease, which, if left untreated, kills more than half of its victims. In 2004, mortality and morbidity statistics included 14.6 million chronic active cases, 8.9 million new cases, and 1.6 million deaths, mostly in developing countries.

from wikipedia

Dude stay way away from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.